Processing and keeping track of healthcare payments can be a drain on an office’s resources. From manually onboarding new patients, tracking payments, and properly monitoring payments, the process can be tedious, if not challenging for a medical practice to keep track of.
But, in an era driven by technological advancements, the healthcare industry is rapidly embracing digital solutions to streamline and enhance the patient experience. Healthcare payment systems can change the way a practice charges for services, making the process easier for everyone involved.
From more convenient payments to improved security, a digital payment solution can save time, frustration, and create a more pleasant process for everyone involved in the process. Here’s how adopting a healthcare payment platform can benefit everyone involved in the process.
A practice, at large, will experience many benefits from adopting an online healthcare payment integration for its practice management system.
- Frictionless payment creates a smoother process, with less burden on the staff to ensure invoices are paid.
- Bridging information across locations and practices with an online tool that makes it easier to connect across different back offices, seamlessly.
- Streamline workflow for staff members, as processes can be automated as needed.
- Reduced liability concerns with automatic updates to filing and bill payment, there’s less concern of violating HIPAA and PCI DSS compliance protocols.
A healthcare payment platform will have added benefits for the individual staff members at a practice as well, including:
- Interfacing with a practice management system (PMS) means less likelihood of user error, saving time inputting bills, records, etc.
- Saving time, strain, and wear from unnecessary tasks. With less hard copies for staff office members to wade through, there’s less of a likelihood for errors in the system.
- Meet staff and medical professionals where they are, with tools like digital signatures, emails, etc.
- Frees staff up to do their job and brings a practice back to patient-facing care.
The back office and practice aren’t the only people benefiting from a healthcare payment system. Patients are likely to see the benefits too, such as:
- Payment flexibility, where patients can choose to make automatic recurring payments or set up scheduled payments each month, so they can set it and forget it.
- Variety of payment options, including credit, debit and HSA cards, plus eCheck, Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay®, and Google PayTM.
- Ease of transaction, patients can settle outstanding payments in the office, on the go, through text, or even through an online portal.
- Simple onboarding that patients can complete on their own time instead of in the office waiting room where they may not have all the relevant information on hand.
- Safe and secure but with flexibility that puts patients at ease, so they can focus on getting the care they need.
Healthcare payments made easy
At a glance, a practice management system with healthcare payments may seem like a small change with little benefit. However, implementing a healthcare payment system can transform a practice, making the process easier for everyone.
Imagine this. Patients can seamlessly make payments and onboard at their convenience, which can lead to less hold up at the office. Staff have to worry less about clerical errors or communicating across offices. With a payment system, outstanding invoices can auto-update, saving time, and providing relief to the team. That means they can focus their time and attention on a positive patient experience. Overall, a healthcare payment system can alleviate many of the tiresome burdens around invoicing, payments, and onboarding, letting everyone get back to patient-first care.
Get Beyond offers simple healthcare payments suited for practices of any size. Get started today.